|科目名||英会話Ｂ１（English Conversation B1）|
|担当教員||Nichols Peter John|
|授業内容||This course is designed to help students acquire the skills to speak confidently about a variety of current issues. Students should be able to improve their oral communication skills, and gain confidence in their ability to use English. Students will work on building their listening skills, increasing their vocabulary, and gaining confidence through pair work, group work, and group presentations.|
|授業計画||(1) Course Overview and Introduction
(2) Meeting your Classmates
(3) Conversation Project
(4) Theme: Using Free Time
(5) Theme: Traveling Abroad
(6) Theme: Technology
(7) Start to Prepare for the Speaking Evaluation
(8) Prepare and Practice for the Speaking Evaluation
(9) Practice and Speaking Evaluation
(10) Create a Commercial - Choose product and write commercial
(11) Create a Commercial - Finish writing and practice
(12) Create a Commercial - Presentations
(13) Create a Commercial - Discussion about commercials part 1
(14) Create a Commercial - Discussion about commercials part 2
|履修上の注意||Attendance and participation are required to successfully complete the course. It is very important that students participate actively in every class. Students will automatically fail this class if they are absent 6 times or more.
There is a limit of 30 students permitted in this class.
|準備学習（予習，復習について）||Students should prepare and practice in advance for all group presentations and the speaking evaluation.
|試験方法||There are two group presentations and a speaking evaluation in this course.|
|成績評価方法||1) Conversation Project (20%)
2) Create a Commercial Project (20%)
3) Speaking Evaluation (20%)
4) Active Participation in Class (40%)
Students who are absent 6 times or more will automatically fail this course.
|教科書等||There is no textbook for this course.|