Faculty of Arts
The Entrance Examination for International Student
The information for April 2016 entrance will be announced around August
Number of Students to be Admitted
|Season I||Season II||Season III|
|Department of Photography||2||A few, but availability limited||A few, but availability limited|
|Department of Imaging Art||2||A few, but availability limited||A few, but availability limited|
|Department of Design||10||A few, but availability limited||A few, but availability limited|
|Department of Interactive Media||3||A few, but availability limited||A few, but availability limited|
|Department of Animation||A few, but availability limited||A few, but availability limited||A few, but availability limited|
|Department of Game||A few, but availability limited||A few, but availability limited||A few, but availability limited|
|Department of Manga||A few, but availability limited||A few, but availability limited||A few, but availability limited|
Applicants must possess neither Japanese nationality nor a permanent resident visa for Japan and be 18 years of age or older as of April 1, 2015. Applicants must also satisfy all of the following conditions.
- Applicants must have completed twelve years of education (including those who are expected to complete this by March 2015) or must have qualifications recognized by the Tokyo Polytechnic University as the equivalent of this education.
- Applicants must reside in Japan and be able to give their undivided attention to their studies if they passed the entrance examination.
- Applicants must either possess or are able to obtain a Status of Residence of College Student according to the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act.
- Applicants who have the N2 certificate of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test(JLPT) by the Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchange and Services or who have Japanese ability at least the N2 level of the JLPT.
* Applicants who need to undergo eligibility screening in accordance with the Enforcement Regulations for the School Education Law must contact us until one month before the first day of the application period.
Entrance Examination Schedule
|Season I||Season II||Season III|
|Application Period||October 10, 2014 to
October 16, 2014
|November 4, 2014 to
November 12, 2014
|January 29, 2015 to
February 12, 2015
|Date of Examination||November 8, 2014||December 6, 2014||March 5, 2015|
|Announcement of Result||November 12, 2014||December 10, 2014||March 9, 2015|
|Deadline for Enrollment||December 9, 2014||January 6, 2015||March 17, 2015|
Practical Test ＋ Interview
Practical Test Category
Applicants need to choose one from test categories indicated by the applying departments. Each department has different preference, so please check the chart below.
|Department||Practical Test Category|
Entrance Examination Fee
|First Year||Second and Subsequent Years|
|Date of Payment Item||At the time of enrollment||September||April||September|
|Tuition Fees||Entrance Fee||￥250,000||￥0||￥0||￥0|
|Experiment and Practical Training Fee||￥100,000||￥100,000||￥100,000||￥100,000|
|Membership Fees||Students’ Association Membership Fee||￥7,000||￥0||￥7,000||￥0|
|Support Group Membership Fee||￥9,000||￥9,000||￥9,000||￥9,000|
|Alumni Association Membership Fee||￥10,000||￥0||￥10,000||￥0|
|1 Year’s Fees||￥1,895,000||￥1,645,000|
(Unit: Japanese Yen)